Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Turn & Learn 5 - Lidded Box, 9 am - 3 pm -- CANCELLED
Saturday, February 9, 2019, 9:00 AM until 3:00 PM
OVWG Learning Center at
Kennedy Heights Art Center
6620 Montgomery Road
Kennedy Heights, OH 45213
is not Required
- Topic: Learn to make a basic turned box consisting of a base and a lid. Tools used will include the spindle gouge, scrapers, chucks and sanding supplies. Option is available for students to purchase power sanding startup kit or materials for hand sanding.
- Skill Level: Advanced beginner, should have completed classes on spindle and bowl turning.
- Project: Completed box, ready for finish.
- Materials: Kiln dried wood, 3" x3" x 5", either maple or cherry
- Cost: $15, includes $5 material fee.
- Pre-requisite: Introduction to Woodturning and the OVWG LC or a prior T&L series of classes. Also read and be familiar with the AAW Lathe Safety Guidelines and the Glossary of Woodturning Terms, available on the OVWG website in the document library or by clicking the following links: AAW Lathe Safety Guidelines and Woodturning Glossary