Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Turn & Learn 1 - Basic Spindle Turning, 6-9 Pm
Monday, September 10, 2018, 6:00 PM until 9:00 PM
OVWG Learning Center at
Kennedy Heights Art Center
6620 Montgomery Road
Kennedy Heights, OH 45213
- Topic: Beginning spindle turning techniques. Students will make a mallet as a means of developing and practicing tool control. Tools used will include spindle roughing gouge, spindle gouge, parting tool, and calipers.
- Skill Level: Beginner
- Project: Mallet, made by duplicating an example.
- Materials: 3"x3"x12” close grained hardwood (ash, maple, or cherry) for mallet.
- Cost: $25, includes $5 material fee.
- Pre-requisite: Introduction to Woodturning and the OVWG LC or a prior T&L series of classes. Also read and be familiar with the AAW Lathe Safety Guidelines and the Glossary of Woodturning Terms, available on the OVWG website in the document library or by clicking the following links: AAW Lathe Safety Guidelines and Woodturning Glossary