Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Open Shop - 9-12 am - Monitors: Tom Dresch and Someone
Friday, November 4, 2022, 9:00 AM until 12:00 PM
OVWG Learning Center at<br />Kennedy Heights Art Center Annex
6620 Montgomery Road
Kennedy Heights, OH 45213
- OVWG Members may come to the Learning Center (LC) to use the equipment to work on their own projects.
- The Open Shop Monitors can provide coaching on a variety of basic and more advanced woodturning skills.
- Open Shop periods are not formal classes. Members attending an Open Shop should not expect to receive exclusive, 1 on 1, classroom type instruction from the LC Monitors.
- OVWG Members may arrange to meet an OVWG Mentor at an Open Shop in order to receive more personal coaching.
- The list of mentors is at the end of each newsletter, and is also on the website in the About Us tab.
- By registering for this open shop, OVWG members agree to abide by all safety guidelines, which are posted in the LC and Monitor instruction.
- The LC Monitor has the authority to stop activities not believed to be consistent with safety.
- Attendees must sign up on the website prior to arrival.
- Signups are on a first come first serve basis.
- Attendees may bring supplies/tools.
- Attendees will be asked to clean their work area and public areas before leaving the LC.